Karsyn's Home DayKare (KHDK) is a licensed, fully insured and registered in-home based child care program. KHDK provides services to children 6 weeks- Kindergarten age (5-6 years old)
Here at KHDK, play is a huge part of our day! I believe in the play based philosophy wholeheartedly! If you want your preschooler to be ready for the academic rigors ahead, forget about the curriculum (kind of). A play-based daycare means happier, healthier children. Here at Karsyn’s Home DayKare, I strive to make sure each day is filled with playing of all sorts – dress up, play with blocks, outside play, etc. I want the kids I look after to learn the way they do best, through play! Children will be provided with opportunities to explore, discover, create, and imagine. The early years of a child’s life are busy. KHDK believes that learning is happening all the time and is interwoven through all developmental domains. These include physical, social/emotional, cognitive and communication. Therefore, the goal of my program is to make this ongoing learning experience safe, positive, fun, and nurturing the whole child as I strive to guide them into the next stage of development with confidence in themselves and an excitement for continued learning!
IS A PLAY-BASED CURRICULUM RIGHT FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILD?
Do your ideas on early childhood education align with the fundamental values and concepts of a play-based curriculum? Please read the following information to determine if a play-based curriculum is right for your family.
- Children are encouraged to explore their school environment independently and with the guidance of the teacher.
- Self-created play is an essential part of an early childhood educational experience.
- Children are encouraged to take risks under the direction of a teacher and will be encouraged to explore and learn at their own individual pace.
- Self-discovery and experiential learning are highly valued.
- The social-emotional aspect of the child is highly valued, and the child will learn social-emotional skills through play.
- Children will build foundations for learning in areas such as literacy, math, social-emotional skills, and life skills, and they will be exposed to these educational areas in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Children develop a love of learning through play.
Having a high quality daycare and someone who really invests time and energy into your child's future is paramount. That's why I work hand in hand with parents/guardians to ensure each kid feels safe, heard and included.
- 8:30am is last call for breakfast. If your child gets dropped off after that time, they will need to have eaten prior to drop off.
- Latest drop off time: 9:00am
- No pick up/drop offs during naptime (1:00pm-3:00pm)
- No outside food or toys allowed inside (unless previously arranged), please take item away prior to getting to the door to make the transition easier.
2435 W 22nd Avenue
Eugene, OR 97405
Eugene, OR 97405
Parents can access information about providers at www.oregonearlylearning.com and by phone at 1-800-556-6616